This is one topic I still find fascinating. It doesn’t matter how many stories I hear, I love talking about twin flame symptoms around each other. Those signs tell us you’re in such a powerful connection and that this isn’t just any other relationship.
When we recently looked at the intense attraction between twin flames I got several emails because I said something people didn’t expect to hear. Not every initial contact results in immediate romance. When twin flames meet, there’s a spark of energy, but it’s not always going to manifest exactly as you’d expect. It’s usually less of an “our eyes met across the bar” and more… well, every journey is unique, but it’s rarely something you forget.
Understanding the symptoms twin flames see can help give you guidance on your journey.
But please remember: Think of these as guidelines instead of rules. I’ve spoken to many people going through their journey, and I can guarantee you there’s no complete roadmap here. You’re never going to see the exact same symptoms as someone else. Hopefully, an understanding of the common ones can help you but don’t panic if you’re not immediately seeing some (or any) of these symptoms.
These symptoms can change over time and they can certainly be… intense.
Having this kind of bond together, sharing this unconditional love, allows each twin to speak freely, boldly, including expressing the flaws of one another. There won’t always be moments of bliss in twin flame relationships. There is the potential for conflict. In a sense, you are learning how to love yourself on the road to twin flame union. It needs to be an honest and unconditional twin flame relationship where you share positivity and things that need to be worked on together.
Common Symptoms Shared By Twin Flames
The twin flame signs, synchronicities, and exchanges you experience as you travel through the journey together will vary for each twin flame relationship. Each twin will experience spiritual stages in their own time at unique levels with one or the other twin potentially not reaching their awakening. But for the flames whose mind is tuned into their twin flame, the most common twin flame signs include:
- Instinct: Either together or singly, flames will know intuitively what the other twin flame feels, thinks, or what they may be involved with.
- Common interests: It may come as a surprise to find that together as flames, you share many of the same interests in things like foods, books, movies. You may choose the same type of items when you shop, have a love for the outdoors, or possibly carry the same dreams for the future.
- New interests: This is rarer but an interesting symptom of twin flame telepathy can be twins sharing their passion or excitement for something without even verbally sharing the interest. If you find yourself suddenly drawn to something it might be your twin sharing their interest.
- Similar ideas or feelings: In many cases, twin flames will suddenly think of an idea at the same moment, often speaking the notion together.
- Need to be close: Whether you share a platonic love or a romantic interaction, you will have a strong desire to be close with hugs, touching, holding hands.
- Just knowing: Twin flames come to a stage where they simply know each other’s thoughts merely by sharing a look. Finding yourself in an uncomfortable situation is easier when you have an attraction of this nature. You can work in unison to ease your way out.
- Sharing dreams: There will often be times when twins share similar dreams or appear to each other with a message comparable to both of you.
- Showing weaknesses and being authentic: While your twin may mimic some of your vulnerabilities and see your weaknesses through that person, there is also a sense of being your authentic self with this person that you have with no one else.
Twin Flame Symptoms Before Meeting
Twin flames are linked before they ever physically meet in the 2D.
This connection is what leads you both towards each other sometimes overcoming some pretty impressive physical barriers. Most of this connection is completely subconscious at this stage and most of us never notice is happening. In rare situations, you may start spotting sporadic symptoms early on but the majority of people haven’t even heard of a twin flame before they experience that initial meeting.
When you start spotting the signs you might find yourself wondering how you missed them before. The further down your journey you progress, the more and more you’re going to notice them.
Twin Flame Reunion Symptoms
I’ve looked specifically at reunion symptoms for when you’re beginning to reach this stage already.
In short, these patterns start to become more frequent and more noticeable. This is where you really start to see twin flame numbers showing up as well which provide more specific guidance with deeper meanings behind these sequences rather than just the frequency of the symptoms appearing.
The Moment Where Twins Meet
For most people there is a nagging sensation there is something missing in the world for them. Even if there is no true understanding of the whole soul mate/twin flame concept. Almost everyone has a feeling that there is a specific person that they will have a deep connection with or… it sometimes just feels like a longing for something more.
Even when we can’t explain what that something is.
There’s no easy written path for that first meeting between two twin flames. Often it results in an immediate feeling of ‘hitting it off’ and you’ll see a lot of the symptoms above showing up early on. The reason we had to answer the question do twin flames think of each other all the time? is because it can seem like it’s consuming you. This level of connection is not something we’re usually prepared to experience.
Sometimes that first initial meeting can backfire – at least partly. Hate is not the opposite of love however and when we don’t always know how to handle that initial wave of energy it can manifest in different ways. While certainly rarer than initial attraction or love, it’s entirely possible for your twin flame to bug the hell out of you when you first meet.
Once this person comes into your life and you establish the path you will take together, it’s important to understand that it doesn’t always have to be sunshine and roses. There may be times of conflict as you see each other’s flaws and vulnerabilities through the other’s eyes. But that’s okay. It’s part of the journey through self-exploration and in determining whether you will remain together or go on separate paths.